More pages in this section
Dare to Amaze
Dare to Amaze is about encouraging creativity, inspiring confidence and self-belief in our students and challenging them to think of unique ways to represent their talents and approach problems.
That’s why creativity is the common theme in all of our subjects and makes our purely creative areas truly stand out.
Our well-developed Arts program, offers Instrumental, Voice, Drama, Dance, Visual Arts and Hospitality subjects. There are also opportunities to boost creative pursuit with extra-curricular options.
Opportunities to Amaze:
- Dance, in our new state-of-the-art Dance Studio, is a focus which will be introduced to Year 7 in 2021 before expanding into other year levels.
- Public Speaking opportunities and development feature heavily at our College through UN Youth, Debating, Lions Youth of the Year and Rostrum Voice of Youth.
- An extensive Instrumental Music Program offers private instrumental music lessons that facilitate one on one tuition (in addition to College fees).
- Dramatic Arts teachers are working actors in popular local productions.
- Extra-curricular programs showcase creativity, from the College Dance Troupe and Drama Club who perform at Eisteddfod to our Artists in Residence workshops and programs offered throughout the year.
- Visual Art teachers are recognised, practising artists.
- Regular entrants in Strand Ephemera through sculpture and wearable art.
- A brand new industry standard Hospitality space.
“Our daughter is the third generation of our family to attend the College and, although we explored other schools, we were impressed with the smaller size, all girl’s aspect, music and singing and academic support.”
“I love the understanding and support we get from staff members and the opportunities we have to take part in subjects we enjoy and the amazing music and arts program (especially drama).”
Aiva, Year 9
- Regional School of the Year Finalist, Australian Education Awards 2020.
- Over 140 years’ experience in educating women of the future through challenging stereotypes and providing a platform for young women to take charge of their future.
- The East Precinct Building is a state-of-the-art performance and learning facility completed in 2020 which features an 800-seat auditorium, contemporary library space and specialist hospitality, dance, drama and music rooms.
- A team of staff who are industry leaders and specialists in their field, coupled with a pastoral care team who go above and beyond to create a caring and nurturing environment.
- An Alumni network which features generations of St Patrick's College Townsville women who are involved in inspiring our current students.
CRICOS No. 03317K
Call in and visit us on Townsville’s Strand beachfront...Where Ambition Meets Compassion
A Ministry in Mercy Partners
Acknowledgement of Country: We give thanks and respectfully acknowledge the Gurrumbilbarra Wulgurukaba people, the Traditional Custodians of this beautiful country whose land our College shares. We recognise their ongoing deep spiritual connection to this Country, and the care they gave for thousands of years. We also acknowledge the Bindal people as the neighbouring Custodians of their Country. We pay our respects the Elders, past, present and emerging and extend that respect to other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples here today.