More pages in this section
Dare to Speak Out
Dare to Speak Out is about nurturing the next generation of female scientists, changemakers, creative thinkers and problem solvers.
Our focus on Social, Economic and Environmental justice is intertwined within our curriculum. We strive to deliver education and inspiration combined, empowering our students to think about the big issues confronting today’s society. We offer a suite of subjects, focussed on creating positive and lasting change, and extra-curricular opportunities, from community outreach clubs to climate action rallies.
Opportunities to Speak Out:
- A strong focus on Aquaculture (as a Reef Guardian School) and Marine Science.
- A commitment to being ‘Stewards of Creation’ in the Mercy tradition is reflected in a suite of science subjects (including Biology, Chemistry, Marine Science and Physics) and junior and senior humanities. It teaches students that they can be agents of change and encourages them to have a growth mindset, with the power to make a difference.
- Community service programs and activities help to broaden young minds and promote the concept of giving back to the community.
- Students impact decision-making in the College through Mercy Girls in Action and the Student Representative Council.
- Many faculty staff are former Marine Biologists, Engineers and Chemists and use their knowledge and experience to inspire students.
- Annual participants in the Opti-MINDS Creative Sustainability Challenge.
- Pope Francis' Encyclical on human ecology - Laudato Si - drives our committed student body to passionately pursue knowledge of their world and the people in it.
“I chose St Pat’s because of the seaside location and the strong sense of community established within the college, the interactive STEM program and the profound focus on female empowerment.”
Ruby, Year 10
- Regional School of the Year Finalist, Australian Education Awards 2020.
- The College hosted a Sustainable Schools Network Conference in 2019 and 2020.
- Over 140 years’ experience in educating women of the future through challenging stereotypes and providing a platform for young women to take charge of their future.
- A team of staff who are industry leaders and specialists in their field, coupled with a pastoral care team who go above and beyond to create a caring and nurturing environment.
- An Alumni network which features generations of St Patrick's College Townsville women who are involved in inspiring our current students.
- The East Precinct Building is a state-of-the-art performance and learning facility completed in 2020 which features an 800-seat auditorium, contemporary library space and specialist hospitality, dance, drama and music rooms.
CRICOS No. 03317K
Call in and visit us on Townsville’s Strand beachfront...Where Ambition Meets Compassion
A Ministry in Mercy Partners