More pages in this section
Dare to Create
Dare to Create is about encouraging creativity, inspiring confidence and self-belief in our students and challenging them to think of unique ways to represent their talents.
That’s why creativity is the common theme in all of our subjects and makes our purely creative areas truly stand out.
Our well-developed Arts program, offers Instrumental, Voice, Drama, Dance and Visual Arts subjects . There are also opportunities to boost creative pursuit with extracurricular options.
Opportunities to Create:
- Our students work with experts in the fields of Dance, Drama and Music.
- Creative spaces have been designed to enhance the learning and teaching of arts subjects. In particular, the Music, Drama and Dance spaces in the East Precinct are custom-built for developing and harnessing student potential and performance.
- Set for completion in 2023, a new STEAM courtyard will invigorate visual arts, with specially designed spaces for large scale development and resolution of artworks.
- Public Speaking opportunities and development feature heavily at our College through UN Youth, Debating, Lions Youth of the Year and Readers' Cup.
- An extensive Instrumental Music Program offers private instrumental music lessons that facilitate one-on-one tuition with instrumental specialists (in addition to College fees).
- Extracurricular programs showcase creativity, from the College Dance Troupe and Drama Club who perform at Eisteddfod to our collaboration with local theatre and music specialists who work with our students throughout the year.
- Visual Art teachers are recognised, practising artists.
- Regular entrants in Strand Ephemera through sculpture and wearable art. Support of student submissions in Townsville City Council's The Percivals as well as the Creative Generations Excellence Awards in Visual Arts.
- Mentorship and encouragement of student involvement in SHEP (State Honours Ensemble Program) and AHEP (Australian Honours Ensemble Program).
“Our daughter is the third generation of our family to attend the College and, although we explored other schools, we were impressed with the smaller size, all girl’s aspect, music and singing and academic support.”
“I love the understanding and support we get from staff members and the opportunities we have to take part in subjects we enjoy and the amazing music and arts program (especially drama).”
Aiva, Year 11
- Regional School of the Year Finalist, Australian Education Awards 2020 and 2021.
- Over 140 years’ experience in educating women of the future through challenging stereotypes and providing a platform for young women to take charge of their future.
- The East Precinct Building is a state-of-the-art performance and learning facility which features an 800-seat auditorium, contemporary library space and specialist hospitality, dance, drama and music rooms.
- A team of staff who are industry leaders and specialists in their field, coupled with a pastoral care team who go above and beyond to create a caring and nurturing environment.
- An Alumni network which features generations of St Patrick's College Townsville women who are involved in inspiring our current students.
St Patrick’s College Townsville
45 The Strand (PO Box 721)
Townsville Qld 4810
T (61) 4753 0300
F (61) 4753 0336
College Absence Line:
CRICOS No. 03317K
Call in and visit us on Townsville’s Strand beachfront...Where Ambition Meets Compassion
A Ministry in Mercy Partners
Acknowledgement of Country: We give thanks and respectfully acknowledge the Wulgurukaba people, the Traditional Custodians of this beautiful country whose land our College shares. We recognise their ongoing deep spiritual connection to this Country, and the care they gave for thousands of years. We also acknowledge the Bindal people as the neighbouring Custodians of their Country. We pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and emerging and extend that respect to other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples here today.