More pages in this section
Dare to Invent
Dare to Invent is about igniting a curiosity and passion for science in our students, knowing that they are the innovators and inventors of the future.
Our STEM program is centred on inspiring and equipping the next generation of women who show an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Our expert teaching team has designed a relevant and hands-on STEM program which encourages our students to explore, experiment, invent and innovate from the time they enter Year 7.
Opportunities to Invent:
- A voluntary ‘Say YES to Mathematics’ program by invitation features three tailor-made classroom environments known as Young Scholars.
- The Biannual STEM Trek is a senior tour to NASA Space Camp, USA.
- Eligible entrants compete in the Opti-MINDS Creative Sustainability Challenge each year.
- Extra-curricular Robotics Club
- University STEM Engagement Programs and Activities. A Memorandum of Understanding with James Cook University establishes credit towards a Marine Science degree.
- An annual girls-only conference is a College initiative that invites other schools from around North Queensland to join in closing the gender gap in science through mentorship.
In 2021, we are introducing a design-thinking/engineering junior subject and Year 10 preparatory Engineering subject to lead into the launch of the senior ATAR Engineering subject in 2022.
“I just love looking into everyday normal things that you see in life and just wanting to get a deeper understanding of how everything works.”
Charlie, Year 8
- Regional School of the Year Finalist, Australian Education Awards 2020.
- Best STEM Program Finalist, Australian Education Awards 2020.
- Gold Level Maths-Active School 2019/2020.
- An annual STEM Like a Pat's Girl conference is closing the gender gap in science through mentorship. The conference is a College initiative that hosts around 30 schools from around Townsville and North Queensland.
- Many of our faculty staff are former Marine Biologists, Engineers and Chemists.
- A strong community focus teaches students that they can be agents of change and encourages them to have a growth mindset and the power to make a difference. Our Reef Guardian Club is one example of this, with students focussed on real issues.
- Over 140 years’ experience in educating women of the future through challenging stereotypes and providing a platform for young women to take charge of their future.
- The East Precinct Building is a state-of-the-art performance and learning facility completed in 2020 which features an 800-seat auditorium, contemporary library space and specialist hospitality, dance, drama and music rooms.
- An Alumni network which features generations of St Patrick's College Townsville women who are involved in inspiring our current students.
CRICOS No. 03317K
Call in and visit us on Townsville’s Strand beachfront...Where Ambition Meets Compassion
A Ministry in Mercy Partners