Parent engagement is vital for a dynamic and healthy school community and we are committed to ensuring that our parents feel connected and engaged throughout their time in our College community.
Parent engagement starts with your enrolment interview and tour of the campus. This is a great opportunity to ask questions and provide us with as much information as possible about your daughter so that we can provide a smooth transition for her and your family.
After your enrolment process has been confirmed and finalised, there are a number of other ways you can engage in the life of the College.
- Year 7 Experience Day - Provides new parents with information about the Year 7 program and an introduction to your main point of contact, your daughter's House Dean
- Boarders' Orientation Weekend - Mums are invited to stay with their daughters in the boarding house for the weekend prior to school starting as a way of providing a comforting transition to boarding life
- Parent Welcome Evening - A social gathering for all parents, hosted by our P&F. Held on the first Friday evening of Week 1, Term 1
- Academic Conferences - Parent/teacher/student interviews throughout the year
- P&F Meetings - A great opportunity to join in positive, contributing conversation about the school
- Parent Seminars - A series of seminars,"Raising Confident Daughters," are held throughout the year, providing useful information on navigating the teenage years
- College Events - A great opportunity to meet with other parents and enjoy hospitality and entertainment eg: Science Under the Stars, St Pat's Pop Up Ephemera, Sportswomen's Dinner, Fathers' Day Breakfast, Year level activities and events etc
- College Masses - Parents are invited to attend our Colleges Masses held four times a year - Beginning of the Year Mass, St Patrick's Day Mass , Mercy Day Mass (September), End of Year Mass
- College Assemblies and Liturgies - Parents are invited to attend our weekly assemblies, in particular those special assemblies held for the Diligence Awards, Academic Awards, NAIDOC Week, PNG Independence Day etc
- Speech Night - A celebration of our students' academic and leadership achievements throughout the year
- Women's Career Network - We invite past students, current parents and friends of the College to act as mentors to our Year 11 and 12 students for their career aspiration. Click here for more information.
If you have suggestions or skills/resources that can assist the College, we welcome your feedback. Parental engagement is a dynamic process and not limited to the list of options above.
Parents are warmly invited to make contact with their daughter's teachers or House Dean to discuss any concerns they may be experiencing throughout the year.
How to Keep Connected
- Fortnightly newsletters that are emailed to parents and uploaded to our website (Click here to access).
- Like us on Facebook to keep updated with College events, celebrations and news as and when it happens.
- Come along to our events as listed above.
- Keep a check of our College calendar - provided on our website (homepage) and in the fortnightly newsletters.
- Keep a check of our website - the College Notices section on the homepage provides important information.
- Contact our P&F President or members of the Executive Committee to talk about the P&F and how you can contribute. It is not just about attending meetings, there are many ways you can get involved through this parent group. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the P&F section of our website.