More pages in this section
Parent engagement is important for a dynamic and healthy school community and we are committed to ensuring that our parents feel connected and engaged throughout their time in our College community.
Parent engagement starts with your enrolment interview and tour of the campus. This is a great opportunity to ask questions and provide us with as much information as possible about your daughter so that we can provide a smooth transition for her and your family.
After your enrolment process has been confirmed and finalised, there are a number of other ways you can engage in the life of the College.
Where possible, we endeavour to offer all of these experiences; however, COVID-19 regulations may necessitate restrictions, changes or possible postponement of events.
- Year 7 Experience Day - Provides new parents with information about the Year 7 program and an introduction to your main point of contact, your daughter's Head of House.
- Parent Welcome Evening - A social gathering for all parents. Usually held in Term 1, this is a great way to meet other College Parents and build connections.
- Academic Conferences - Parent/teacher/student interviews throughout the year.
- Parent Seminars (eg: Academic information nights).
- College Masses - Parents are invited to attend our Colleges Masses held four times a year - Beginning of the Year Mass, St Patrick's Day Mass , Mercy Day Mass (September), End of Year Mass.
- College Assemblies and Liturgies - Parents are invited to attend our weekly assemblies, in particular those special assemblies held for the Diligence Awards, Academic Awards, NAIDOC Week, PNG Independence Day.
- Speech Night - A celebration of our students' academic and leadership achievements throughout the year.
- Mother's Day and Father's Day Breakfast - Hosted by the College, this is a wonderful way to celebrate those family members who have enriched our students' lives.
- Trivia Night - Hosted by the College, this is a fun-filled evening for parents, College friends and staff.
- Career Women's Network Breakfast - We invite past students, current parents and friends of the College to act as mentors to our Year 11 and 12 students for their career aspiration.
- Family Christmas BBQ - Held at the end of the year, College families meet together to enjoy a Christmas themed BBQ on the College grounds.
If you have suggestions or skills/resources that can assist the College, we welcome your feedback. Parental engagement is a dynamic process and not limited to the list of options above.
Parents are warmly invited to make contact with their daughter's teachers or Head of House to discuss any concerns they may be experiencing throughout the year.
How to Keep Connected:
- Regular newsletters that are emailed to parents and uploaded to our website (Click here to access).
- Like us on Facebook to keep updated with College events, celebrations and news as and when it happens. We also share College news via Instagram.
- Come along to our events as advertised in newsletters, website, Facebook and Instagram.
- Keep a check of our College calendar - provided on our website (homepage) and in the College newsletters.
- Keep a check of our website - the College Notices section on the homepage provides important information.
St Patrick’s College Townsville
45 The Strand (PO Box 721)
Townsville Qld 4810
T (61) 4753 0300
F (61) 4753 0336
College Absence Line:
CRICOS No. 03317K
Call in and visit us on Townsville’s Strand beachfront...Where Ambition Meets Compassion
A Ministry in Mercy Partners
Acknowledgement of Country: We give thanks and respectfully acknowledge the Wulgurukaba people, the Traditional Custodians of this beautiful country whose land our College shares. We recognise their ongoing deep spiritual connection to this Country, and the care they gave for thousands of years. We also acknowledge the Bindal people as the neighbouring Custodians of their Country. We pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and emerging and extend that respect to other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples here today.