More pages in this section
Dare to Challenge
Dare to Challenge is about ingraining healthy life habits in our students challenging and encouraging them to push themselves beyond what they thought possible.
Our seaside location on The Strand and close to Townsville’s Sports Reserve, Castle Hill and Tobruk Pool is ideal for inspiring outdoor activity.
Our Fitness subject encourages our students to find joy in activity offering them a variety of options, from Indoor Rock Climbing to Choi Kwon Do. Our Healthy Fearless Women program removes the pressure to perform and aims to build confidence in our girls.
Opportunities for our students:
- Compulsory Fitness subject in Years 7 – 10 which encourages students to challenge themselves in various outdoor education activities.
- Our Healthy Fearless Women program in Years 7 – 9 is a bespoke non-assessable subject utilising the principles of the evidence-based Rock & Water program. This confidence-building and body awareness initiative for young women helps them to navigate the challenges of the early teenage years.
- Extensive inter-house, inter-school, regional and representative sporting programs, such as our Rowing program.
- Fitness Friday is a whole College event where senior students run fitness activities and games at break times.
- Our running club involves both staff and students who compete as a group in the Townsville Running Festival.
“I love the feeling of community - it feels like the girls really know and trust each other. I love that the friends my daughter has are genuine and that they help and motivate one another to do well. They aren't afraid to celebrate successes with one another, or celebrate someone else's successes, with genuine excitement and care for each other instead of jealousy or pretending not to care.”
- Regional School of the Year Finalist, Australian Education Awards 2020.
- Over 140 years’ experience in educating women of the future challenging stereotypes and providing a platform for young women to take charge of their future.
- The East Precinct Building is a state-of-the-art performance and learning facility completed in 2020 which features an 800-seat auditorium, contemporary library space and specialist hospitality, dance, drama and music rooms.
- A team of staff who are industry leaders and specialists in their field, coupled with a pastoral care team who go above and beyond to create a caring and nurturing environment.
- An Alumni network which features generations of St Patrick's College Townsville women who are involved in inspiring our current students.
CRICOS No. 03317K
Call in and visit us on Townsville’s Strand beachfront...Where Ambition Meets Compassion
A Ministry in Mercy Partners